Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Grace!

I just can't believe my Grace is 4. Where did the last 4 years go???

We had such a fun time celebrating her birthday!

It began on Sunday, when she got to open up her birthday dress (and the rest of her outfit) before breakfast.




At church, she had the birthday song sung to her, and got her tithing jar/gumball gift.


My parents came up after church to spend the her birthday with us and she was SO excited!

The next morning she woke up to pink balloons and streamers and Dora decorations! She headed over to check out her loot.


For her activities during the day, she chose to have donuts for breakfast, macaroni and cheese for lunch, and to go back to the "Bug & Butterfly" park. The weather was SO nice and we had a great time!




That afternoon we opened presents! She got some kid-safe knives, an apron, a Polly Pocket and clothes, two Barbies, two homemade dresses and ballet leotards, a homemade tutu and ballet accessories, and Play-doh and some money.

Girl stuff is so much fun! Even her brothers think so. ;)







She wanted a Dora-themed party, and I had been wanting to try out fondant for a while. Just something new to try. I made some homemade marshmallow fondant, and after a lot of advice from friends, went at it! She wanted a chocolate cake with strawberries inside, and purple frosting. So, that's what I did. I made the stars out of rolled out Starbursts. It was fun, and didn't turn out too bad!



And we finished the day with her very favorite dinner: turkey burgers with extra pickles!


I adore this girl. She makes me SO happy! She is adventurous and funny. Sweet and silly. She is nurturing and loving and happy. She always shares. Always. Whenever she gets a treat, she breaks it in half and offers it to someone... a stranger, friends, us, etc. I love it about her! She loves making others happy! She has a sassy side, still, but most days with her are more sweet than spice!

She gives the best "Gracie" hugs, loves to help cook, comforts others when they are sad, tells silly stories, and makes me smile all of the time. She has so much enthusiasm for life. Love it! I can't even say how much I adore her! I am so thankful everyday to Heavenly Father for sending us this sweet little girl!

*Pictures courtesy of my Mom. Thanks, Mom!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a happy day! And the cake turned out fantastic!