Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And Not So Curly...

So, I was thinking that I could supplement the Curlformers with some pin curls, so that I wouldn't have to buy another pack right now.

I did some research and decided to try some methods out this week.

Last night I did this twisty thing that I read about, where you twist the hair until it twists into itself in a little bun.


It was not a success.


Unless it was Halloween and she was going as the Bride of Frankenstein.


She loved the look (she thought she looked like a "rock star"), and asked to do it for Sunday.

Uh, no.

I'm going to try a few more things this week... any suggestions girls?

5 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Kayty is still screaming "those are the worst things ever....Never do that!" I remember my mom sitting for hours and putting pincurls in my hair! Just as a warning: I tried doing your hair with rags one time...result was almost the same, but not as frizzy. You had very tight curls (I wanted long ringlets) and they lasted...and lasted...and lasted till we washed them out!

Juice said...

It's all in how you take them out. When you remove the pins or foam curlers you have to try & not pull on the hair at all. Then you take little sections (the size you want the ringlet to be) and carefully twist it around your finger then let it drop. If it doesn't look like a perfect ringlet, then twist it in the opposite direction.

I'm not sure that's a very good description... maybe I'll have to make a little video. I'll have to borrow someone's daughter, though.

Anyway, never, ever, ever use a brush/comb/pick after you take the pins or curlers out. That's a guarantee to poof hair. I won't even run my fingers through it. Although, other people can't seem to stop themselves from touching my hair when I do it.

Amanda said...

Sorry, Grace, but we got a good chuckle (ok, hysterical laugh) at this.

the W* family said...

Jillian-that explains it. When I took it out, it was in tight little twists all over her head, so I thought I would comb it. My thought was that combing it would make the ringlets relax... notsomuch. ;) Thanks for the advice!

Kathy said...

Oh my...that is some body to that hair! Raef, Caleb, Preston, and I had a good laugh. I used rags or those little foam curlers and had good results...tortured the girls though.