Sunday, August 1, 2010

Countdown to School: Day 30

This summer has gone by so fast! It's been so laid-back and fun and everything that I had wanted it to be... minus the beach vacation in California. ;)

Unfortunately, Adam starts school at the end if the month.

Which is totally going to put a damper on our current sleeping-in-and-playing-all-day-and-all-night routine we've got going on right now.

We had so much fun last year counting down to the start of school with a chain/activity every day, that I decided to do it again this year!


Today we made our chain (I had already planned the activities for the month a few days ago) and did our first link activity: s'mores on the barbie!


I just said that in my mind with an Australian accent... also, it will really irritate Mike that I called his grill a 'barbie').

Apparently s'mores were a popular item this week in our neighborhood, because when I went to the grocery store on Friday, they were all out of regular chocolate bars and regular marshmallows. So we used strawberry marshmallows and milk chocolate with almond bars.


Not bad!


We're looking forward to a fun month!

No comments: