Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Treats


Our Primary was in charge of the Father's Day treats for the father's in our ward this year.

Traditionally, they do boxes of goodies or pie and ice cream in our ward.

However, I wanted the kids to be involved.

And, the thought of kids being around pie and ice cream on the carpet, just didn't seem like a good idea.

;)

So, I came up with an idea, and my 1st counselor and chorister bailed me out this week, and helped me put together these tie bags, filled with candy.

We went into Priesthood opening exercises yesterday and the children held the bags behind their backs. They sang, "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home," changing the end from "a great big kiss" to a "great big treat" and held out the bags as they sang the end.

The kids loved doing it, it got a big laugh, and turned out pretty darn cute!

I love my calling.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

What a special, special gift. You are amazing!

Kathy said...

Great idea!