Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blessings

Today, I went to the dentist for the first time in over 10 years.

Which seems terribly trashy, I know.

For the first half of our marriage, we didn't have dental insurance.

For the second half, we've had such crummy dental insurance that we couldn't afford to go to the dentist.

I decided, however, that it was just going to cost more the longer I waited. So, praying that they would let me work out some type of payment plan, I went.

The last time I went to the dentist (10 years ago, remember?), I was told I had two cavities.

I ended up getting married before I had them filled.

SO. I was dreading this appointment. I try and take really good care of my teeth, but I knew 10 years with a couple of cavities and without a professional couldn't be a good thing.

I only have 6 cavities (and, yeah, one needs a root canal).

But, that is so incredibly, seriously better than what I was expecting.

Plus, I went to THE best dentist ever, and they are totally willing to work out a payment plan.

Awesome.

***

While I was gone at the dentist, our apartment manager called Mike.

She offered to let us move into a different apartment here, with a rent that is $140 less a month.

Plus, they are running a special, and the first month would only be $199.

***

We have been praying for so long for help getting out of debt. We read Dave Ramsey's book, and have made a lot of cuts and have been trying to put anything we can toward our debt, but raising a family with three kids is just expensive.

For some reason, they think that they need to be fed and clothed.

We have a lot of medical debt, student loans, and a credit card that we've thrown car repairs onto. I feel that this is an answer to our prayers; we will be able to put the $140 every month toward our medical debt, and then "snowball" it over to our other debts.

And then maybe someday we will be able to buy a house. Maybe? Pretty please?

I feel so ridiculously blessed today.

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

So very thankful. You KNOW that, with all us Rices and Wilkins, there are MANY prayers in your behalf. We are so very thankful that prayers are answered...just when we need them!