Thursday, December 8, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 8

We are really hoping to be able to help feed the homeless on Christmas Eve; but, in case that doesn't work out, Adam and Mike have our "Do a kind act for someone in need" countdown activity covered.

Tonight they made bags with toiletries, snacks, and warm clothes for the homeless at roundtable.


Adam also participated in a flag ceremony with his pack there.  They have been practicing for months, and Adam was ecstatic about getting to do it, and carry the flag.  I sooo wish that I could have seen him, but Josh was one cranky boy tonight.

***

A family in our ward makes sack lunches and hands them out to the homeless on Christmas Eve each year.  I LOVE that!  I also read about a tradition where a family decided on a family to gift Christmas dinner with... I LOVE that idea, too.  I would like to be involved in those kinds of things, and get my kids involved as much as possible.

I really, really want my kids to be grateful for each and every thing that they have; I try to point out how much we are blessed with daily, but I need/want to do more.  Especially this time of year when the "I wants..." come into play.


No comments: