Thursday, December 15, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 15

For our activity today, we made cute pine cone Christmas trees.

I originally saw the idea on Pinterest, from this blog.  She used needle felted wool balls for the "ornaments."  

Unfortunately, I am all out of those. 

(Also, I had never heard of them before).

I didn't have the right size of pom-poms, either, and I wanted to do this activity for free!  I remembered all of the beads that a friend had given me a few months ago, and improvised with those.

The pine cones were found on the ground outside of our house, so those were free, too.  ;)






Adam and Grace spent over an hour making them.  It was so fun chatting with them and watching them choose the exact beads they wanted.

I LOVE how they turned out!  I think its so pretty how the light shines through the translucent beads!  I was sad that we couldn't find another pine cone so that I could make one, too!




No comments: