Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Hanukkah

I love teaching my children about how different religions and cultures celebrate the holidays. It's so fun and we all enjoy learning about them and doing some of the traditions that other religions/cultures do to celebrate.

The first day of Hanukkah was yesterday, but we talked about it today. Yesterday was just a little too crazy. ;)

We read a book about Hanukkah and talked about why it is celebrated.

We ate potato latkes and applesauce for dinner.


Adam thought that they were the best food ever. Boy is all about fried carbs. I assured him that he could keep his current religion and still have latkes once in awhile. ;)

After dinner, we played dreidel and shared the chocolate coins that Adam kept winning.


It was such a fun night! I love getting to teach my kiddos... getting to have a fun out-of-the-ordinary dinner to go along with it just made it even better!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Mmmm...latkes are so yummy!