Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Date Night!


Mike and I went to our ward Bishopric party together while my parents were here to baby-sit.

It has almost been two years since Mike and I have had a date together! Crazy! I think that's pretty typical of couples with young kids, but I miss dating, and I'm so glad that we got to go on a date!

{Edited to add: Well that's not true. About 6 months ago we went on a quick trip to the temple together. I always forget about that one (and I totally shouldn't) because even though we were without kids it was so fast (the temple is less than 10 minutes from our house) and we were trying to hurry between Josh's feedings.}

Anyways, it was SO fun to get out together and party with some of our friends.

We had a yummy potluck dinner and a white elephant gift exchange. I got a new set of silverware (aka shovels for my children) and some fun lights. We laughed SO hard... we have such fun people in our ward and bishopric! I loved hearing all of their crazy stories!

Thanks to my family for watching my kiddos and for our friends for hosting us!

It felt so good to get out.

And a little weird... I kept looking around for my kids, to make sure they weren't going crazy at someone else's house, and realizing that they weren't there. ;)

That means that we need to get out more, I think. More nights out that are less than 2 years apart and more temple dates that are less than 6 months apart.

It's a nice goal, anyways.

;)

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

And this Grammy had an even bigger smile than Mommy did...she got to visit with Grace, have Joshy help her empty the dishwasher, snuggle under a blanket on the front porch with Gracie and Joshy and enjoy rare Las Vegas rain, have that sweet Joshy fall asleep in her arms...Ahhh, heaven. And I made Allison and Mike believe THEY were getting a treat...ha ha ha!