Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Primary Program

We had our Primary Sacrament meeting presentation (Primary program) on Sunday.

All that crazy work and worrying and stress and preparation and practice for a 45-minute program.

Yay!

;)

I've been in Primary for years, but I never realized how much work goes into the Primary program... I always just showed up and helped the kids in my Primary class. I have a lot of respect for all of those counselors who do the program... it's not easy!

Honestly, I really enjoyed being in charge of the program. I liked writing it, getting everything organized and directed, and working with the children in Primary on their parts. It definitely got a little crazy... we don't have a 1st counselor right now, so I'm filling in for her, and the day of the program, our Primary president was sick. So our secretary and I ran the show. Luckily, she's the best. ;)

We had a few kids not show up and a few kids who randomly showed up and wanted parts. BUT, it all worked out! We were only able to practice the program in the chapel once, and I was really worried about how it would all go. I am convinced, though, that there are special angels who come to Primary programs, because our program went perfectly!

My mom and brother, Doran, and sister-in-law, Danyel, were able to come up for the program, and we had such a fun time with them!

Josh enjoying some leftover program practice pizza

After the program: Grace's cute curls

Adam and Grammy relaxing on Sunday afternoon

Adam and Grace did such a great job! I was so proud of them! Adam has a LONG part and he filled in for a few parts for me and did so great! Grace has been waiting to be in the Primary program for YEARS. She worked so hard to memorize her parts, and was so proud to say them in "the big microphone."

I am so in love with all of the kids in our Primary. Serving in the Primary presidency has been my most favorite calling to date. I have especially loved that I got to serve in Primary this year. What better thing to teach the children than, "I Know My Savior Loves Me"? It's so important for the children (and adults, too) to have a testimony of that... that our Savior knows and loves each of us. I have just loved everything this year... the lessons, the songs, etc. I love being in there with all of the sweet kids who help strengthen my testimony each week! I will be so sad when I'm released.

No comments: