Friday, March 28, 2008

So Long! Farewell!

Tomorrow we will move.  I'm excited to make some new friends.  To be in a new ward and get a new calling.  To be closer to Mike's work.  To be closer to Adam's (cross your fingers that he gets in) new school.  To be downstairs (for the first time in our married life!).  To have a place for the kids' to run and play.  To be in walking distance from a park. 

But, of course, we are a little sad as well.  For one, I'm still I'm not really feeling Las Vegas.  And I was hoping the next time we moved it would either be by family in Phoenix or to a place that wasn't the 48th in the nation in education and the 'most dangerous state.'  But, we are still here.  And that's okay.  I know we're supposed to be.

I'm also bummed, because I feel like we are finally warming up to this area and our ward, and we're leaving.  I literally just found out last week that a bunch of gals in our ward have a monthly game night, and they invited me.  And of course I can't go, because we'll be gone.  I feel like we've just began making some friends, and we're leaving.  I love living by the mountains, and in a growing area.  I'm going to miss being by the incredible Summerlin parks (especially this summer). 

For the most part, I'm happy, though.  Things we will NOT miss:

- Our Neighbors:  We never seem to get good neighbors.  Okay, scratch that.  At NAU we had some GREAT neighbors.  But in Phoenix we had some crazzies (aka 'The Devil's Spawn') and we have 2 horrible neighbors now.  Our downstairs neighbors feel the need to complain about us constantly and bang on our floor every time Adam runs to the bathroom, Grace falls down, our next door neighbors fight, or someone's car alarm goes off.  Our neighbor across the way has about 7 girlfriends.  About once a week one of these girlfriends finds out she's not the only one, and a HUGE fight ensues, resulting in the police most of the time.  Not gonna miss them at all.

- Our BEYOND Horrible Wal-Mart:  For the most part, I try to avoid Wal-Mart, but sometimes I have to go there.  And the Wal-Mart by us is terrible.  I once walked in, slipped on a big puddle of water and fell down.  An employee literally walked over, stood over me, and proceeded to tell me how she wasn't in the wrong for me falling.  And that's just one incident.  I could do a whole post on my disappointment in Wal-Mart, but I won't. 

- The Bus System: I'm both grateful for and hateful of the bus system.  It's a complicated emotion.  But, I won't miss the 2+ hours it takes to go 25 miles.  Mike won't miss the 'interesting' people he's met.  Or maybe he will...

I'm hoping we live by a better Wal-Mart and that we get better neighbors.  But, for the most part, we have really enjoyed living over here.  And will miss it.

So, for the last time from Southwest Las Vegas, we bid you 'adieu.'  See you on the East Side.

No comments: