Monday, March 10, 2008

So Excited to Finally Get This, and Adam's Speech Eval

I fight Adam daily to eat his vegetables. He's okay with fruits, but vegetables are a struggle. So, when I heard about Jessica Seinfeld's book Deceptively Delicious months ago, I couldn't wait to try it. Her book is all about steaming and pureeing vegetables and fruits and adding them in everything. I've been on the wait list at the library forever, and finally got it today! I think one of the things I like about it most is that it uses normal, inexpensive veggies (like cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, etc.). When we talked to his doctor about his vegetable problem, she suggested artichokes and eggplant. That's great, but a bit out of the budget for all of the servings people need. So, I'm going to try a few recipes this week and report on how it goes (I've had a few friends try it, and the especially recommend the brownies made with spinach and carrots... yum?).


Adam's had a lisp for forever. And after months and months of trying to get him an evaluation, he finally got one today at the elementary school. And... it's not a big deal. The speech therapist was great. She did the evaluation and said it was just a frontal lisp, which is more of a cosmetic problem, and not something that he would even go to speech for (unless it continues past the 3rd grade). She gave me a bunch of games and papers, though, with ideas on how to fix the problem so he's not teased. We're supposed to work together on them daily, and then go back if it's not helping. I'm so glad that it's not a big deal, though, and something that will correct itself if I work with him. He loved going to the school and seeing the kids. He's SO excited to start kindergarten.


Other than that, we have just been packing and organizing and cleaning. No fun, but I think that in a few weeks when we are all settled in at the new apartment, it will be worth it.

No comments: