Sunday, March 2, 2008

No!

About two weeks ago, Grace mastered the word "no!" Now, it's "no" to everything. "Grace, say 'thank you.'" "No!" "Grace, do you want lunch?" "No!" "Grace, do you want to pet the doggy?" "No!" I mean, really, she seriously uses it at all times, just because she can. Even when she doesn't mean it, and regrets saying it a few seconds later.

Today, I heard her yelling, "No! No! No!" in her room. I walked in, thinking Adam was trying to wrestle her or something. Nope. She had lined up all of her dolls in her play crib and was giving them a lecture. I wonder what they did to get that!

I love how her mind works. But, it also made me feel really guilty... do I tell her "no" so much that she feels the need to act out on her dolls in response?

I'm telling you... she's going to need therapy by the time she's 18. :)

No comments: