Thursday, March 20, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow! We have been busy around here lately. With a capital "B." So, sorry for not posting much this week. I'm up with Grace (explanation below), so I thought I'd write real quick to let everyone know what we're up to.

We FINALLY got assigned our new address on Monday, so I feel like I've spent the entire week on hold with the electric, gas, and phone companies. How fun is that? And I still haven't finished all of it, because it seems like when I've finally actually gotten a hold of someone, Adam or Grace has a crises, and I have to hang up.

I've been packing like crazy. And I've determined that the ONLY good part of packing, is the free entertainment it provides the kids. They spent all morning the other day playing 'peek-a-boo' in one of the moving boxes. Cute! (Adam IS wearing clothes in the picture... or underwear, at least... I can't keep him dressed. He refuses to wear clothes indoors. It's something I'm choosing not too enforce right now, because I'd rather fight other battles, you know? But, sorry about the half-naked shot).



Everyone (but me) is sick again. Ever since last October, everyone has been sick way too much. Poor Grace has it the worst. I literally had to hold her all day today. She just screamed when I put her down. Her eyes keep watering, too... so I thought it was allergies at first, but then she got a high fever this afternoon. And after putting her to bed tonight at 8:00, she got really sick, and I've spent the past four hours holding her as she barks and tries to breathe. I'm 100% certain she has croup. What is it with us and croup? So, I'm trying to get her through tonight, and then putting in an early visit to the doctor tomorrow. And since I've got to bring Adam and hang out on the 'sick' side of the office, he will probably have some new illness next week to pass along to the family. But, I am SO grateful that I've been healthy and have been able to take care of everyone around here. I'm always scared when everyone gets sick, of me getting pneumonia or bronchitis again, and we've been so blessed that I haven't.

When our Primary President found out we were moving, she assigned our class to do the Class Presentation in Primary on Sunday. So we could 'get it over with.' What??? Okay, I TOTALLY don't get this about wards. Moving is a stressful, busy time. Why, oh, why do they feel the need to pile on the talks and extra presentations when you're super busy already? I totally shouldn't complain. Because we don't have to give talks. But, throwing together a presentation and studying my lesson, which I'm going to have to do all by myself because the kids are sick and won't be up to church, isn't exactly what I need right now. And I kinda, sorta promised our class a class party. We have a reverence chart, and when they fill it up with stickers, their reward is a class party. Well, they were so bummed that we were moving (our fantastic teaching skills, no doubt... not!), that I told them we'd have one next week. SO, I totally brought that on myself, know, but these kids are CUTE. It's hard not to make them happy. :) So, I'm trying to figure out that, too.

Wow! Do I know how to whine or what? Sheesh! And most of my stress is totally my fault!

But, on a totally sweet note, Adam has been trying to write on his own (like spelling words himself) because he's way too stubborn to listen to me. He brought me a piece of paper this afternoon, with a drawing of an Xbox controller, and the words: "dis iz xbox." I can't find it now to take a picture of it to put on here. But, it was just too sweet and it really made my day. What a cutie he is.

AND, Mike rented 'Enchanted' for me last night, because he knew I wanted to see it. This movie was totally cute. It was definitely what I needed. A feel good, fun, cute movie. I highly recommend it.


Have a great day, weekend, Easter, and week, everyone!

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

I wish I could be there to help you!!! Just hang in there, and know that you are loved! And, I think we need to analyze the significant influence Aunt Kate has had on these sweet children, i.e. her "limited" clothing during her early years!!

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

This is a great movie. That is now Ashlynn's favorite. We just rented it last night. I saw it in the theatre, but I rented it so she could see it.