Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone! We had such a fun Easter together, but definitely missed being in Phoenix with everyone! So, a quick recap of our Easter fun:

We put off dyeing eggs until last night. Mike didn't get home until after 9:30, and I was a bit stressed about everyone getting sleep, thinking the egg dyeing would take forever. I didn't have anything to worry about, though. Grace grabbed the eggs with record speed and began throwing them in the cups. Adam, not to be outdone (and, he wanted to dye an egg before Grace grabbed them all) started dropping them in like crazy, too. Our entire 2 dozen eggs took less than 5 minutes to dye. Nice!



I was thinking last night, that last year we moved exactly one week after Easter, resulting in an Easter egg hunt among boxes. We are doing the same this year. And our Easter egg hunt wasn't much better. But, the kids had fun. We let them eat candy for breakfast, and then I took off for church alone, leaving Mike to deal with the kids on a sugar-high. :)





Our class presentation went well, if only 8 minutes long. But, the kids like singing time so much better, because our chorister is so much fun. So I think it worked out okay. My lesson went really well, the kids were even semi-behaved. And then I had to say 'good-bye' and we all got emotional. One of my kids asked me over to play this week. So sweet! The party things wasn't working out next week (I just have too much going on), so we had a little party in class, complete with treats. We are under no circumstances allowed to have food in class. But it was my last day, and I knew I couldn't get in trouble, so I threw caution to the wind and went for it. :) I'm really, really, really going to miss them.

We had a special Easter dinner tonight... or a.k.a 'use up our refrigerator and cupboard food before we move.' It was an interesting mixture of a pork roast, funeral potatoes, mandarin salad, and veggies. Lots of food, but I planned it that way, so we could eat leftovers this week and I don't have to cook (and can pack my pans).





We went on a long 2-hour walk after dinner (which probably burned off the calories of approximately 1 bite of the funeral potatoes), and we learned that Grace needs to get out of the house more. She became extremely excited when we happened upon any spray-painted rocks or the little construction flags that they put in the ground (does that make sense?) she thought they were flowers and had to stop us all to smell them every time. I'm a bit worried about her eyesight, though... :)

Happy Easter, everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful day of celebrating with families and remembering the Savior!

1 comment:

Danyel said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful Easter. Your kids are so cute mabey one of these days we can talk Doran in to having one. Love you guys.