Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So, most of the time, I try to be a good mom and limit the artifical colors and dyes in foods that my kids eat. Well, on St. Patrick's Day, all bets are off, and I dust off my bottle of green dye and have at it!

On Sunday night, Adam and Grace gathered up some green offerings for the leprechauns (some broken green crayons, green paper shreds, a green pencil, and a green piece of fabric), and left them by the door. They woke up on Monday to find that the leprechauns had taken the green items, and left gold candy and a gold-wrapped game! (After Christmas, I was smart and bought several 'clearanced' games for the little holidays or extra incentives throughout the year... it's worked well). They were SO excited! And then, they went to have breakfast (zucchini bread) and discovered that the milk had been changed green by the leprechauns, too! They got us good this year!





We had fun dressing in green (Grace, being a typical girl, doesn't have too many green clothes, but, luckily, wasn't pinched), playing a green Shrek video game together and playing in the green grass at the park. (We also went to the library and to our new apartments for some final paperwork before the move).

For dinner, I made hamburger casserole with green beans and green mashed potatoes; green salad; green grapes; and green Jell-O. And then, I totally failed on dessert again, and we just had boxed brownies for our after-FHE treat. I wanted to make either Sprite-lime sherbet floats or green cheesecake, but ran out of time. Oh, well. Hope everyone had a fun (and very green) St. Patrick's Day, too!

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

It all looks soooo great! You really had a "Green Day"(I won't bore you with my rendition of "My Shadow.la la la la la la la la...) Adam, I am sooo surprised that you didn't just turn all green yourself! We had green spaghetti, green salad, green garlic spread on the garlic bread and mint chip ice cream. The leprechaun covered our green tablecloth with gold candy...Papa barely got to taste any, though...that good gold stuff goes fast!!