Saturday, March 8, 2008

He's Going to Take My Debit Card Away!

When I was pregnant with Grace, everyone told me to beware of the girls' clothing section, because it would be hard to pass up on so many cute clothes. I've been okay about that, and just indulged a few times. However, NO one told me that the real culprit was actually the girls' SHOES section! Aagh! How can anyone resist all of those beyond adorable shoes??? She was so little last year (and not yet walking) that I wasn't able to buy any... but I think I've completely made up for it. I have bought Grace several pairs within the past few months (all for perfectly justifiable reasons, of course). Grace just loves shoes, though, and they are just SO darling on her... that it's hard to resist:



Shoe: The Pink Platform Flip-Flops
Excuse: I spotted them during the day-after Christmas sale at Target. And they were only $2.50! I bought them in a size 2 sizes larger than her current so they'd fit for the summer months. Really, I was saving us money at a bargain like that!




Shoe: Pink-and-White Waterclogs (aka Fakey Crocs)
Excuse: Her purple-and-white sneakers from Amanda no longer fit, so we went out about a month ago in search of a new pair. I looked at other sneakers for her, but everything that fit her was a bit expensive. And then we saw these ones. They were only $5, and were just so cute on her (though, admittedly, not as practical as sneakers).



Shoe: White Sandals with Flowers
Excuse: She needed church shoes because she was outgrowing hers AND since she's going to be wearing last year's Easter dress, she needs something new to go with it AND I had a Payless gift card, anyway, so really, they were free. Right? :)

Mike asked today if we were going to need to get a bigger apartment to house all of her shoes. VERY funny. But, seriously, I just couldn't resist them. And I'm stopping now. Really. Well, unless I happen upon a pair of jellies in her size (I heard that they were in style again?), because I think she absolutely needs a pair of those... and she never DID get the sneakers... and I think I'd better just give Mike my debit card before he takes it away for blowing our budget...

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, no...she is just like Kate! Don't you remember we used to refer to her as "Imelda Marcos" because she just loved shoes? Daddy even took a portrait of her with some of her many pairs around her!! Oh, sweet Allison, I feel your pain!!!

Amanda said...

Hailey had flip-flops like those except they were blue and she loved them. They held up really well and lasted a while.