Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Trip Day 2: Park & FHE

We went to the park on Wednesday morning, and hung out with my side of the family. It was a really fun park, and the kids got to fish, chase ducks/birds, play on the playground, and with their aunts/uncles/grandparents/great-grandparents. It was SO great to see (almost) everyone! We had so much fun!

We had a yummy lunch and a mini birthday celebration for Josh. He loved his cupcake!




Oh my stinkin' heck he's cute. I love his little scrunchy face - Adam and Grace made the same exact one when they were his age (if I had a scanner, I'd prove it).

Mike and I may only make one type of child, but at least it's a super-cute type. ;)

Anyways, after the park we headed over to my brother and sister-in-law's house and hung out for a little while, before heading back to Mom and Dad W*'s to get cleaned up for that night.

Every month Mike's side of the family has a big Family Home Evening night. I'm always so sad that we miss it, but we were able to go to the November FHE that night. We had a lesson about gratitude and then exchanged our Jesse tree ornaments for the year.

Picture by my sister-in-law, Tiffin

I LOVE the Jesse tree ornament tradition! It's so fun to go through them every year and talk about what they all mean.

Grandma W* also makes all of the grandchildren an ornament (and a special fun bag) every year. This year's ornament was a cute Santa one:


I love it! In the bag she gave Adam and Grace she had made a really fun treat... a marshmallow gun! We've had SO much fun with these!



We ended the night with some treats. Josh thoroughly enjoyed his. ;)


I love being with all of my nieces/nephews and Mike's siblings. It's always fun with them. We had such a great Wednesday with BOTH side of our family. We are SO blessed!

No comments: