Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Swim Lessons Part I

I wasn't going to do swim lessons this year, because last year Grace whined the entire time Adam was in his lessons.

Unless she was getting herself undressed and making a break for the pool.

She didn't whine then.

I found out that one of the community centers was doing "preschool swim lessons" at the same time that they had Level II lessons for Adam. So I signed them up. They had their first week of lessons this week. They both are doing great!

Adam is perfecting the freestyle and learned the backstroke.


Grace is having so much fun blowing bubbles, learning to float, and bobbing.


Josh hated it. He whined and cried.


But, at least he didn't get himself naked every time I turned my head and run for the pool.

Maybe next summer? :)

I'm so happy because I used to hate taking them swimming on my own (and Mike isn't around too much during the day to help out), because Grace was always so clingy/scared. On Friday, I took all three of them swimming on my own, and she did so much better!

We are only going to do one session of swim lessons (two weeks), then practice what they learned all summer in our pool at our apartment. It worked last year with Adam, and he was able to move up to Level II with just one official session (and lots of practice). I'm hoping it works out this year as well.

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Hooray for the Wilkins fishies! And that pool at your complex is just wonderful. Now, Grammy has a question ... is sweet Joshy crying to get in the pool, or to get to Mommy??? :)