Thursday, June 3, 2010

At the End of First Grade...

Adam with his teacher, Ms. T.

What a year!

It's hard to imagine that at the beginning of this school year, that Adam struggled so much. He hated the long school days, was exhausted, overwhelmed with the more "grown-up work," and frustrated with his teachers and the rules.

He has grown SO much!

His handwriting has improved, he is excelling in reading and spelling, and LOVES math! His absolute favorite subject is still science. Of course.


I've loved getting to watch him work on his projects and present them, as he gained more and more confidence. I am so proud of him for working hard and passing off all of his addition/subtraction facts. I love watching him have fun with his friends. I've loved hearing about him striving to follow the classroom rules (and even breaking them-for talking-once in a while).

Grace, Josh, and I got to go down during the last week of school for the end-of-the-year ice cream party. We had so much fun! Grace was even invited to have a bowl of ice cream, along with Adam, and play in the class games. She loves his school and is SO sad she has to wait another year to go there!


I am so pleased with how well Adam's done: how he didn't give up, even when things got hard, and that instead of getting upset when he got marks taken off for his handwriting, that he rose to the challenge and improved.

First grade went by soooo fast! I hope second grade slows down just a little for me. ;)

No comments: