Friday, June 11, 2010

Library Concert

In lieu of doing "real" prizes for the summer reading program this year, our libraries are doing a lot of free concerts and fun programs for the kids instead.

Which is fun, because we love getting out and going to fun stuff.

But if you could have seen the look on Grace's face when she proudly handed her sheet in with 2 hours of reading, and she was handed back a sticker, you'd know how she felt about the whole "no real prizes" thing.

;)

Anyways, one of the fun programs fell on a date that my parents were visiting, so we got to go with them to see Eric Herman.

We had so much fun! He was really funny!


Afterward, we did the whole getting-books-and-putting-together-puzzles thang.



And can I say how jealous I am of people who live with relatives in town who can help out once in a while? It was utter bliss not to have to chase after Adam and Grace and lug around Josh on my own. Seriously.

It makes me wonder how great doctor's appointments would be solo...

;)

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

You know, Allison, we had such a blast that day! We loved the songs, even the silly ones. We loved watching Gracie put puzzles together and seeing Adam's books (and we can't wait to see that book cover poster he's designing!). I am so glad we could help you, and we didn't even know we were! I want to do something like that every time we come!