Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day 2008

So, the kids woke up bright and early at 5:30am.

Which is really, really early.

We held them off for a little while, and then let them run through the wrapping paper that I had taped over the entry way to the living room. They LOVED that!


We normally get them just one toy each from Santa, and stockings of course. But this year we got them some educational/imaginative toys from us (that I got at a teacher supply store), that they could share together. I just wanted to really, really spoil them. A move I'll probably end up regretting when I try and figure out our budget for next year.

But it was wonderful on Christmas. :)

The goods:

- Jojo, the mouse:


- Star Wars Light Saber Maker for Adam:


- Bike for Grace


To share:

- Dress-Up Masks:


- Doctor's Kit:


- Cash Register/Calculator:


- ZoobMobile Car Designer:


- International Play Food (for those sushi cravings... not :) ):


Mike and I always agree to not get anything for each other, and instead spend that money on our kids. But, he normally breaks this rule. So, you'd think that I would have wised up and got him something. But, I didn't. I stink. BUT, he got me the PedEgg, which is a very cool little thing that has made my feet look amazing.

He's sweet. And he was probably giving me some kind of hint about the ugliness that my feet are, but I don't care. The Ped Egg rocks.

After presents, we played and played, and went out and delivered goodies to friends. I thought it was going to be a really, really hard day (because it's my first Christmas away from family). But it was actually kind of nice just having a quiet day to spend together (not that we didn't miss our families like crazy).


We had a wonderful Christmas, and I am so thankful for how blessed we are. We are all healthy, and happy, and I love our family so much! I'm so thankful for them, and the time we got to spend together.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: