Sunday, June 8, 2008

Yummy Recipes

Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner. Mike and Adam always get very, very excited when we have guests over for dinner, because I make a "real meal." Which is seriously rude, because I make qualities meals daily. But what I think they mean (or at least, what they had better mean) is that when guests come over we have a side dish, rolls, and dessert, along with the main dish that I normally just do.

The other thing that happens when we have guests, is that I usually try out a new recipe. Which completely breaks every rule in the book, I know. But, I usually save more expensive or larger recipes I want to try for when we have guests. Which probably sounds like my family isn't worth it or something. Oh, well.

Tonight, we had Garlic Chicken Farfalle. Adam and Grace LOVED it. The missionaries told me that I need to make it for them everytime. Mike even liked it (and he's hard to please). I thought it was... okay. It was really, really, really rich, and after 2 bites, I couldn't eat anymore without feeling queasy. But, it was really easy (I did the bacon yesterday and the chicken in the crockpot during church today), and fun to try something new.


BTW, the picture is taken 'after' we had dinner of our leftovers, so sorry it doesn't look too appetizing. It looked better before. Really.

For dessert I tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe (also made yesterday) that I think is my new favorite. The recipe is here. Super good and really easy. If you try them, be sure and take them out when they are lightly golden brown. Yummy. And there are not pics of them, because they were gone fast.

We had a lot of fun with the missionaries tonight. Grace glared at them during the entire meal, and then spit a cauntaloupe onto one elder's plate. Adam entertained them by forgetting every manner that he's ever been taught, and drinking his milk from his cup like a dog. They both laughed and said it reminded them of home. So, I'm glad that we were able to make them homesick... and also prevent them from wanting children for a few years. :) I'm off to make a carrot cake because a little boy that I love is turning 5 tomorrow! We've got some big, exciting plans for the day. :) Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: