Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moving Week. Part 1.


So, in the process of moving, we have had so many kind people offer to help us: offers of trucks, of moving boxes, and of loading/un-loading help.

So. Kind.


Mike's boss offered to bring us a D.I. "pod" (back of a truck), which we could fill up, and the the driver would move it to our new place.

So.  Kind.

We were supposed to have 2 pods, and were going to use our friends and ward family to help us.

But, D.I. ended up needing one of the pods at the last-minute, and we had to get it loaded/un-loaded/re-loaded again (with a 2nd trip of stuff) quick. So, Mike and I loaded half of our houseld into one pod Sunday night, by ourselves, then we bribed the kids with Jolly Ranchers** and un-loaded it all as a family into our new house on Monday, and then Mike and I loaded the second half of our household into the pod again on Monday night.

I felt like She-Ra* carrying mattresses and dressers and our couch out to the pod.

For realz.





Luckily, my parents came up and helped us un-load the second.

Because, I was pretty dead.

I had only been getting 2-3 hours of sleep per night the entire week before, with packing/last-minute kids' school stuff/Primary/moving, and I was exhausted.

And we hadn't even gotten to the un-packing/cleaning the apartment part.

The kids has stuff lined up at school, we had family in town, we were all tired and cranky, both of our homes were a mess...

... and then the Stake President visited us.


* She-Ra is an ultra-cool girl superhero that I liked as a child.

** Jolly Ranchers rock.  I give them to my kids on car trips, and we have contests to see how long we can last while sucking a single one.  This time, I gave everyone a Jolly Rancher, and we had a contest to see who could bring in the most boxes while still sucking a single Jolly Rancher.

Adam won with 33 boxes.

For realz.

No comments: