Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day!

I woke up to sweet gifts from these darlings that made me a mother:


A homemade bracelet, jewelery box, a bookmark and sweet cards from Adam.  A plate and card from Grace.  See's chocolate Lollypops from Josh.

After church, Mike had to take a "nap" from 4:00-11:00 (because he works at Red Roof Sunday evenings).  So, I made dinner (sandwiches and fresh pineapple) and Texas sheet cake for dessert:


I spent the rest of the day trying to keep the kids quiet, stopping fights, changing diapers, cleaning messes, giving kisses and time outs.

Basically, I spent Mother's Day being a mom.

;)

And, then we got to Skype my sweet mom/Grammy:

I know that I've mentioned it on here before, but I struggle every. single. day. with motherhood.  It's not something that comes naturally to me.  I have read more parenting books and spent more time on my knees pleading with Heavenly Father to help me be a good mom to these sweet kiddos, than I could ever count.

But, I think that my struggle with it, has made the experience even greater for me... it makes me appreciate the good moments and their fleeting childhood more.  The more I put into it, the more I get out of it; the more I love them, the more love I feel from them and Heavenly Father.

It helps me to put my struggles into perspective.

I love those 3 more than I ever could have imagined I would.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Blissful & Domestic said...

You are an amazing mother!! One of the best I know;) ps... Has someone told you that you're pretty today? Because you are!! Inside and out;)