Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

For Valentine's day, the kids woke up to a fun decorated table with a box of chocolates and a "I Love You because ___________" frame.  I really, really want to make myself write a new reason that I love them each day so those stinkers know how much I absolutely, positively adore them!





And then, I was a uber-fantastic mom and made them...

.... peanut butter and honey sandwiches (cut in heart shapes, of course).


Actually, now that I think of it, that's a lie.

Mike made them.

And cut them in the shape of hearts.

I was dead asleep in bed.

I had every intention, of course, of making them a fun breakfast, but a toddler who had a rough night changed those plans.

The kids were thrilled (thanks, Mike!) and headed off to school.

They were so, so, SO excited to go to school for their Valentine's parties!  It was a half-day so these guys pretty much partied all day at school, and then came home insanely hopped up on sugar!

I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of their Valentine's that they got from friends.  They were adorable!

Mike had to work until 9:00 Valentine's night, so we had grilled cheese (in heart shapes) and tomato soup.

The next night, we had our traditional Valentine's dinner.  We began with everyone telling why they loved everyone in our family.  Then we had heart meatloaf, pink mashed potatoes, heart beets, and Adam's Poppin' Peas.



For dessert I made raspberry swirled cheesecake (from Our Best Bites) and took this fabulous picture:


It's artistic, no?

;)

I LOVE Valentine's day!  I love having a day set aside so I can focus on how much I love these guys!  I totally believe in showing love every day, but Valentine's day is too fun!

I am pretty sure that Adam had a pretty good day, too.

Or, at least that's what his Valentine bag claimed:


Epic!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: