Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Can't Figure Them Out

On Saturday, it was 92 degrees here. After spending the morning cleaning, running errands, and going to the library, I took all 3 to our first "water park" run of the season.

You'd think with all of the whining they had been doing all day regarding the hot temperature, that they would welcome the cool water.


The entire 30 minutes we were there, however, they complained the entire time.

"It's so cold!"
"The water is scaring me!"
"There is nothing to do here!"
"I hate this place!"

Except for Josh.

Who ran exactly one time into the water fountain, got wet, and then screamed the remainder of the time.

I decided to cut my losses, and take them home.

Of course, all Adam and Grace were "so sad" when I had to leave and I was "so mean" for making them go.

Whatever.

***

Today, it was 68 degrees, rainy, and breezy. After the dentist appointment, we decided that since we were already on the other side of town, that we would visit one of our favorite parks over there.

After playing on the slides for a minute, they all ran for the water feature.

They turned it on, against my wishes, and then ran through over and over. In their clothes. And running shoes. Splashing each other, getting completely soaked, and screaming.

Except this time their screaming sounded like this:

"I love this!"
"This is so much fun!"
"Yayayayayay!"



Even Josh was giggling.

I just can't figure them out.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Too funny! I guess you need to make sure that it's against your wishes to pick up their toys or be kind to one another...Huh? Didn't work for me!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Hey where is that first park you went to? If it is on this side of town we could go on Saturday. Maybe the kids would like it better if they had friends to play with in the water:>