Monday, August 11, 2008

On CT Scans...

So, I had my very first (and hopefully last) CT scan today. And... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely a lot faster than I thought.

A few notes:

- Being completely blind without glasses/contacts helps take the edge off. I couldn't see a thing that was happening, and that works for me!

- The dye put in me was just the weirdest experience ever. It made my mouth taste like metal for about 30 seconds, and then I felt HOT. And after a bit it all went away. Strange, strange feeling.

- I was told to drink LOTS of water to help flush the dye out before/after the scan. Being the over-achiever that I am, I guzzled 64 oz. this morning. This made the scan rather uncomfortable as all that water hit me about halfway through. And resulted in me almost knocking the tech over in my rush to get to the restroom after it was over.

- We left Adam and Grace with an associate from Mike's work. She took the day off for this, and she didn't HAVE to do that, but I will love her forever for it. Anyway, it was Grace's first non-family baby-sitter, and she didn't cry a bit. Not sure whether I'm happy about that or sad. Is she over being a Mama's girl already (sad) or should I be happy that she's starting to be more independent. Hmmmm.... And she wouldn't even let us pay her. How sweet is that?

So, in summary, if you ever have to get a scan: go blind and don't drink too much water before, and you'll be fine. :)

We get the results Monday, and I'm pretty sure I know what they're going to say. But, I'm trying to be as positive as possible.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

What does that mean...you already know what they are going to say... Remember Allison, you are my Grace!! (Not that you got into any trouble, other than writing your name EVERYWHERE! But, I will always be your mommy!)

Amanda said...

So, my first thought about the dye making you hot was that maybe you are a vampire now!

Hope everything comes back with great results.