Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School


Adam had a GREAT first day of school! He woke up this morning early and could not wait. He's in afternoon kindergarten, though, so it was a LONG morning of, "How long, Mom?" "How long NOW, Mom?" Finally, it was time to leave... we dropped him off, he ran into his classroom without a look back. This is him putting his backpack in his cubby with his teacher.


I came back home, with visions of Grace and I having so much fun together; her first time as an 'only child'... we'd paint nails and play dolls and color. It was going to be great. However, she had other plans:


I can't blame her for sleeping the entire 3 hours... it is the first real nap she's ever had in some ways (older brothers who want to play with their sisters constantly, does not make for good napping), and I think she was enjoying our quiet house. At least I got to catch up on some homework while she slept.

We picked him up, and he was so excited to tell us about his day. He made friends, colored, read books, had a puppet show, played basketball, and even got an invite to play at someone's house. There wasn't much learning that went on, but I'm hoping that's a first-day thing. We ran over to D.I. so he could report to Mike on his exciting day.

I'm still not in love with this charter school, but I have to keep reminding myself it's SO much better than the school he was assigned to, so I think we made the right choice. He is so excited to go back tomorrow!

No comments: