Thursday, July 11, 2019

We're Baaaacccckkk!



It's been a really, super long time since I last blogged.

And I missed it.

The kids and I have so much fun reading past blogs together, and I love that I have this record of our early years in one place.

For the past few years, I've been using social media to record our family happenings and stay in touch with family.

And social media can be great, but I also greatly dislike it.

Social media makes me grumpy. It makes me jealous. It makes me wish that I was a better mom/wife/daughter/person. It makes me agonize over every post that I write and worry about the wording and who is going to see it and if I'm going to make someone feel bad. And though there is nothing wrong with being inspired to be better, it's gotten to the point where I've been avoiding it altogether.

No social media makes for a happier me and a better mom for my kiddos.

Yeah, I know it's not social media's fault. It's mine. But I'm a work in progress, and I'm okay with that.

I was thinking tonight about how to keep in touch with family and how I really didn't want to go on social media... and I remembered this blog and how much I love it and how since the entire world doesn't read it, I don't feel anxiety when I post.

So, this is where it's all gonna be for awhile.



And the thought of having this journal once again of the people I love most of all makes me so very happy.

No comments: