Thursday, July 11, 2019

While at Scout Camp, they "Helped"


Our Hyundai tends to get a little low on oil. 

Back in early June, Mike and Adam headed off for a week of Scout camp at the Great Basin.

And while they were gone, I decided to check the oil level in the car to make sure it was all good for the week. It was a little low, so I added so more oil.

Grace and Josh have helped Mike check and change the oil plenty of times, so when they asked if they could check the oil in our Taurus, I agreed and went inside to wash my hands.

They ran in later and let me know that they had added a quart of oil to it, but were a little worried that they had added it to the wrong spot.

And, yup, the radiator is definitely not the right spot for oil.

When Mike got home, I got to let him know how his helpers had helped encourage him to do a radiator flush in our car.


Lots of siphoning and flushing later, it was all good.

And now they most definitely know where NOT to put the oil.

No comments: