Monday, July 29, 2019

Temple Shutdown

We're in the midst of temple shutdown here.

Which means I work earlier doing things like carpet cleaning stairwells for four hours straight.

And though I tend to exaggerate from time to time, that is not an exaggeration. It takes four hours to clean a stairwell properly. And I've done four of them the past two weeks.

We also do a lot of upholstery cleaning during shutdown. Every chair/couch/cushion gets cleaned.

It's hard and exhausting, and I tell myself I'm going to quit every time.

But, I don't, because not only do I get to be in the temple five nights a week, I have made two of the best friends I could ever ask for and I feel so darned blessed.

Temple shutdown January 2018

This next week is volunteers week, which means I work much earlier than usual AND Josh has Cub Scout Day Camp all week AND Grace will be gone at Girls Camp.

It's going to be a crazy one, but we will survive!

The temple re-opens in early August for a month, and then closes for two and a half months.

I won't be working for most of that, so I have an interview this week (because the week wasn't busy enough) to help during that time.

No comments: