Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sunday

A week and a half ago, the Bishop stopped by our house and released me as Primary music leader and asked me to serve as 1st counselor in the Young Women presidency.

I was incredibly sad to part with my Primary job, because being chorister has been such a great experience. I was also a little bummed because I've been in Primary in a variety of callings since I was pregnant with Josh, and I adore Primary.

But, on Saturday, we had an awesome presidency meetings that got me pretty excited. Today was my first day with those sweet girls, and it was pretty great too.

I love those girls so stinkin' much already.



***

Every Friday I order groceries from Smith's and pick them up on Saturday mornings.

I keep that ClickList business alive, I tell ya!

They usually throw in a couple of freebies for us, but this week they outdid themselves: they threw in an extra container of ice cream, two extra bags of tator tots and an extra pepperoni.

I was thrilled about that little blessing.

Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner, and I had planned on making pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, cantaloupe, tator tots and root beer floats for dessert.

When they came over, we talked awhile and then they asked if they could invite a little girl in our neighborhood over for dinner as well. Then went and got her while I set an extra plate.

A few minutes later, the missionaries frantically called and told me that the family had misunderstood and that they were ALL coming over for dinner.

Because we had gotten those extra things, we had enough dinner and dessert for everyone, and it was such a beautiful reminder of how Heavenly Father has His hand in everything.

No comments: