Saturday, September 10, 2011

Not What I Had Planned

The brakes went out in the car today.

And...

1) Mike was driving. Alone. I'm so glad it wasn't me with the kids.

2) After the first red light, when he realized the brakes weren't working, he made every light the entire way home.

3) He had the day off to fix them. The brake line was cut, and needed to be replaced. Saturdays off are very rare.

4) We had a $20 gift card to AutoZone, that we received a few months ago from the store in compensation of a problem we had there.

5) The part normally needs to be special-ordered, but the AutoZone just a few miles from our house happened to have it in stock.

6) Mike has a good bike and easily rode his bike there to get it.

7) He was able to fix the car all on his own.

***

The day was soooo not the family fun day that I had planned.

But, I had the opportunity to see how much Heavenly Father is aware of our family and our needs and the many blessings that He gives us.

So, it ended up being a pretty good day afterall.

1 comment:

Blissful & Domestic said...

Thank you so much for all you share. Sometimes when I think things are looking pretty dim and not so fun you totally uplift me. sometimes we need that reminder that even when things are hard, Heavenly Father is still looking out for us.