Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Total Random Acts of Kindness I've Been Blessed With (Or... "Not All People in Vegas are Criminals, Like I Once Said")

I have had so many great experiences this past week of total random acts of kindness. I can't believe I ever thought that the people in Vegas were awful. I seem to be eating my own words a lot lately. :)

-Last week, I popped the hood of our car while at the bank, to put some more radiator fluid in it (we have a leak). A guy ran out of the Farmer's Insurance, and insisted on helping me. (I think he felt bad for me... I was having a hard time unlatching the hood :) )

-I have a neighbor who watches out for me to come home grocery shopping every week, and runs out to help me carry in the groceries. (Yes, this may be borderline-stalking, but still, incredibly nice... and very much appreciated).

-A woman standing behind me in line at Wal-Mart held down Grace, while I paid (Grace likes to climb out of carts... I have to keep one hand on her at all times).

-The Relief Society presidency brought me some cookies "just because."

And all of that has been in a little over a week! I can't believe how incredibly nice people are. I'm so blessed.

No comments: