Thursday, January 24, 2008

Biting Woes

When we were at the park on Saturday, Grace pointed to the drinking fountain, and said, "Dink," so I took her over to get a drink. However, when I pushed the button, nothing came out. It was broken. Apparently this was cause for a tantrum by Grace. She screamed and threw herself back. I caught her, and TRIED explaining about the water. Instead of being reasonable, she grabbed my arm and bit me.

What is with my kids? It took me years to get Adam to stop biting (and apparently, it didn't sink in TOO much, as he bit me last December at Michael's), and now Grace? I don't even know where they GET it from. It's not like some bad habits that are mimicked from me and Mike (like when your 2-year-old screams, "What the heck!" at the grocery store). I mean, it's not like I go around biting people when I'm angry, and they think they should, too. What in her little body, made her think, "My mom's denying me water... I'm gonna bite her!"

Today, she bit Adam, because he took away a toy. He was VERY upset, and a part of me (the evil part), thought, "Ha! Now you KNOW how it feels!"

Sigh... here's to the start of the "Terrible Twos" and biting. Hopefully, I can be a bit of a better parent this time around and get her to stop before kindergarden.

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

I'm soooo sorry! You know, though, I only had one of you that ever bit anyone...and that was you. It didn't last very long, however, because about the fourth time you tried, your aim wasn't very good, and, instead of biting me, you bit yourself. It took a couple of seconds for it to register that you got you and not me. You never ever did it again, nor did I see any of your brothers, or Kate (now, what you guys did to each other without complaining, or my seeing, is totally different! Hang in there, sweetie!