Thursday, January 31, 2008

O' Happiness!

Yesterday, after showing this recipe for O' Henry! bars on Becky's blog (I love pretending I'm on a first-name basis with people I don't really know but wish I did) to Adam, he asked if we could make them. I said "sure" (thinking next week for FHE), but he begged, so we made them today (it doesn't take long to push me over when it comes to chocolate, huh?). They. Are. Good. I haven't made them since before I was married, and it was Mike's first time having them. He really liked them, but we both agreed that the chocolate layer was a BIT thick. If/when I make them again, I would halve the ingredients for the frosting. The kids ADORED them, though.






Okay, Adam has a really weird expression on his face in that picture, but he really did like them.(And for anyone analyzing the photos, yes, we had cheese crisps and canned corn for dinner yesterday. A complicated chef I am not).

I got some money for Christmas, and I spent half of it on developing film. And the other half on a book that I have wanted for FOREVER: Best of Becky Higgins Sketches (scrapbooking book). I found it half-price on Amazon.com, and am very happy because it arrived yesterday afternoon! It came a week early, and the mailman ACTUALLY brought it to our door! Normally, the mailman leaves the packages at the post office, and doesn't bother letting us know that they are there. Nice. I have been devouring this book all day... pretty much to the point where I began ignoring my children, and Adam inquired if I was EVER going to give him lunch (it was 12:30... but he's a stickler on lunch being at 12:00). Oh, well. I LOVE Becky's sketches, and am super happy about this book.Mike is less-than-thrilled with it... he warily asked if this meant that I was going to buy scrapbooking products to use with it. Obviously. :) He just doesn't get it... the way I see it, I'm recording our family history when I scrapbook, which is pretty much a commandment. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I heart Becky's sketches and I am so jealous that you have that book! I think I am going to try digital scrapbooking. I've been downloading tons of free stuff so we'll see how that goes.

Grammy Suzzy said...

I remember you used to make those O'Henry Bars all the time. They were so good!!! It sure looks like Gracie truly enjoyed them!