Friday, January 18, 2008

Collection Conversation and Blender Waffles

A conversation I had with Adam today:

Adam: Mom, I'm so happy! I have three collections!
Me: Three? What are they?
Adam: A Hot Wheels collection, a marble collection, and a sticky tape collection
Me: A sticky tape collection?
Adam: Well, I haven't exactly started it yet. But I'm planning on it soon.

Mike brought us home a blender last week from DI. When he got home, he made blender waffles (he must really like them, or my dinner wasn't good enough or something). He followed a recipe he got from the Internet, and they were very good... no chunks of wheat or anything. I kind of missed the bits of wheat, though, so when I made them for dinner tonight, I blended the wheat a little less, so they would have texture. Adam took one bite and said, "Mom... I hope this doesn't make you mad, but I liked dad's a lot better." I liked them anyways. Here's the recipe we used (not sure how much it's like the cannery cookbook):

1 c whole-wheat berries
1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs
2 tsp sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/3 c oil
3/4 tsp salt

Put wheat berries and 1 cup milk into blender. Blend on high for 3 minutes. Add 1/2 c milk and blend additional 2 min. Add remaining ingredients and cook on hot waffle iron.

The kids are on the mend... and driving me crazy! I hate the part of sickness where they are well enough to want to be outside and running around, but not well enough to be outside (especially with how chilly it's been here... it's supposed to be in the 40s the next week... I am no longer a Flagstaff girl, I guess :) ). Grace is doing much better, and did not gag herself at all today. Not sure what yesterday was about. We are still undecided for what to do this weekend, but it's sure to be fun, so stay tuned!

No comments: