Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Harsh!

Tonight, we took a "pajama walk" (we get into our pjs after baths and go on a walk) to the mailbox to check the mail. I received a bill from Cox Communications, and had this totally harsh coversation with Adam:

Adam: Is that a letter from Cox?
Me: Yes.
Adam: Why are they writing you?
Me: Because they love me.
Adam: Mom, I don't know if you are going to understand this but you aren't very cute. People don't love people who aren't cute.
Me: You don't think I'm cute?
Adam: Well, after you get out of the shower, your hair is just crazy. Maybe you should comb it and you would look better.

That is so beyond rude that I'm not even going to acknowledge any truths contained in his statement. So maybe I didn't comb my hair today. But it's not like I left the house. Sheesh!

After we got home he apologized profusely, and told me that I was gorgeous. I'm pretty sure that the only reason he did that, though, was because he thought I might not play a game with him as revenge. Oh, well. A compliments a compliment, right? :)

No comments: