Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nervous!, and So Cute!

Adam and Grace have both been sick for the past few days. Poor Adam. I think that he inherited my bad lungs. Anytime he gets anything, it goes straight to his lungs, and he gets croup or bronchitis, and all those fun illnesses. On Wednesday he woke up not breathing in the middle of the night (again) with a croup attack. Luckily, I still had medicine from the ER for the breathing machine, so I gave it to him, and he's been fine. Grace just starting the coughing/throwing up illness today. Fun, fun.

So, neither is going to church tomorrow. Mike and I have to teach, which left us with the dilemma of what to do. Because they'd rather have a female alone with kids in the Primary, rather than a male, Mike gets to sleep in and stay home with the kids. But, I'm totally nervous, because I'm supposed to have a meeting after church, which means about 4 hours of Mike being alone with the kids. Mike's a GREAT dad. Don't get me wrong. But, he's never, ever been alone with both Adam AND Grace. Ever. It's just never happened, for some odd reason. Plus, they are both sick, which makes parenting even harder. So, I'm nervous about tomorrow. Not that I don't have faith in Mike, or anything. But staying at home with 2 kids requires a certain amount of insanity, and Mike's far too sane and practical... and impatient. :) He will do great, I'm sure.

So, when I wasn't being a nurse today, I was looking around the Internet today at Valentine's day things, and I saw this cute Valentine's stackers from Deidre. Aren't they adorable? I SO want them! I normally get my vinyl from Deidre for any projects that I do (like the Christmas frames). She has THE cutest things on her sight. It's a good thing we don't have a lot of money... because it would be gone buying vinyl projects... and then we'd have no where to sleep. :) But, whenever I have ordered something from her in the past, I normally just get the vinyl only, and do the wood (or I bought the frames at Michael's for $1) myself. It saves money on shipping and the project, because her vinyl is really reasonable, but I can normally get wood for cheaper. I know I sound like a walking advertisement for Deidre. But, seriously, she's good. Anyways, this isn't wood that Home Depot would cut for me, so I'm trying to figure out how to cut them... because if I can, I'm so going to make them. Very cute. I'm kind of getting excited for Valentine's day... it's such a fun holiday! Yay!

Well, I'm off to sleep before I get to wake up and wrestle 10 4-year-olds in my CTR class by myself tomorrow. They are cute... just 4. :)

3 comments:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

Those are super cute. You need to start passing some ideas on.

The Muhlesteins said...

Those are so cute!! What's the differnce with the wood?

the W* family said...

I think that these are cubes cut down from a four by two piece of wood into three different sizes (which Home Depot won't cut for you). But, I'm thinking that I could probably just find cubes like that at Michael's or something. There's no difference in the wood, it's just I can normally buy it cheaper on my own and have it cut, than buying it from her (shipping is expensive). Does any of that make sense? :)