Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our Not-So-Exciting (but still fun) Weekend

Well, for ALL the plans we made, and all of the research I did, our weekend turned out to be not as exciting as I had planned. But, we still had fun.

We had plans Saturday to go hiking in the morning, but late Friday night, we were asked to help clean our church building instead. And I couldn't say, "no," because we haven't been able to do it yet, since Mike is usually working. So, we cleaned the building for a couple of hours Saturday morning. Then Mike realized he took the DI truck keys home with him, so we drove out to DI. And stopped to talk to everyone there. Adam and Grace were pretty cranky, so we went back home to take a nap. We went to the park and played with Adam's remote control truck for a while late that afternoon. We then used a Chili's gift card we had, and went out to dinner. Adam was SO super excited about this! He loves "eating out" (not sure what that says about my cooking... hmmmm...). However, it wasn't the greatest experience. Our food ended up not coming for 45 minutes, and when we got it, it was cold. By that point, Grace was angry about being in her chair, and Adam was bored. So, we ate quickly and left to go grocery shopping.

Grace woke up on Sunday morning at 5am (she's not sleeping very well lately), and being the nice wife that I am, I got up with her. :) We decided to have a little fashion show, to see what clothes she fits into now (what else would I do at 5 am?), and good news! Her Easter dress that I made her LAST year but that she couldn't wear because it was HUGE, finally fits! Yay! I'm wondering... can I cheat and just use this dress for this Easter? Hmmm.... I probably, won't though, because after looking at her in it, I have decided that yellow is not her color. And I would feel really guilty if I did, for some odd reason. I'm weird.

We had a great Sunday, and planned on going to the MLK parade the next morning, before heading to the park and library. I thought that Adam and Grace might like the floats and things. Grace came down with ANOTHER cold, though, so we decided to not go to the parade, and stayed inside warm. And it's a good thing we didn't, because we found out later that gun shots were fired there (though no one was hurt). Scary! We went to the park that afternoon, and then realized that the library was closed. We rented High School Musical 2 (Adam's request.... he's cute), and had a fun movie night.

So, it wasn't terribly exciting, and pretty much all of our plans didn't happen. But, that's okay. The main thing was that we got to relax and spend time together. Hope everyone had a great 3-day weekend, too. Make today a great one!

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, she looks soooo cute! You did such a good job. I think she looks good in everything, but it's always a good excuse to make her a new dress!