Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Is This Really Autumn?

I absolutely, positively, LOVE autumn! It's my favorite time of year. I love the sports, the holidays, the smells, the colors, the food, the cooler weather, the leaves changing colors...

Or I would love these things if Las Vegas HAD an autumn! Seriously, I have been SO spoiled living in Flagstaff. I loved that it was actually COOL when I decorated for Halloween. I loved going on walks with the kids and collecting the leaves. I loved watching football games bundled up. It was great.

It was 90 degrees today. It is October 3rd. And it was 90 degrees today. This is NOT autumn. This is some twisted mockery of the season. I should not have my AC on still! It's funny, I grew up in Phoenix, which much like Vegas, does not have a fall season. So, you'd think that I'd be okay with this. I'm not. I never realized how much I LOVED actually having autumn these past three years until now. I am having the hardest time "getting into" the fall holidays. I'm dragging my feet decorating for Halloween. We haven't done our annual "ghost treats" yet. I haven't made anything with pumpkin in it yet. Heck, I don't even feel like baking. I seriously am missing autumn.

And I can't even begin to THINK about what winter is going to be like without snow!

Being sad about the weather has made me come to a sad realization: I don't think that I can ever live in Phoenix again. I am going to put up with Las Vegas for this year. Mike needs his job experience. And then, I seriously want to move to somewhere cooler... like (and I NEVER thought I'd say this).... Utah.

See what not having fall is doing to me? I want to move to Utah. Crazy.

No comments: