Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Backlash, Conference, and Projects

Okay, so I've gotten A LOT of backlash from my wanting to move to Connecticut. When I told my mom (or rather, my sister-in-law) told my mom, she was definitely NOT okay with it. Mike's not okay with it. Most everyone isn't okay with it. I still REALLY want to move to the New England area, but there are a lot of closer states with seasons and fun (like Oregon and Utah). But, it's not going to happen. We will probably be here for a while, and why would I get any say in my own life, anyways? :) And just for the record, I wasn't really testing Heavenly Father, I was just making a suggestion. :)

I really enjoyed Conference (as usual :) ). I think that my favorite talk was by President Eyring in the Sunday morning session. Our family has been thrown trial after trial this past year and a half, and I have started to have this "Why me?" attitude. His talk reminded me of the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us, and that I need to use these trials to STRENGTHEN my testimony, and not just wallow. :) I want to do what he did, and start a journal (I know, I should already have one), and write down the little ways that I have been blessed every day. I think it will really help me realize what I have been blessed with, and I will be happier.

During Conference, I always try to work on a project. For me, doing a project while listening, helps me to listen better. I'm not sure why. It's like, if I'm watching it, I get distracted, but if my hands are already busy, I'm listening better. It's hard to explain. I'm SO weird, I know. Anyway, from being in school and busy with kids, I've missed lots of craft days and Enrichments, etc. I have a closet full of projects. LOL. I chose to make this square wreath this time. It turned out pretty cute. I got it right before we moved to Las Vegas, I think. It has 3 squares, and I painted and sanded and stained each of them. Then applied a vinyl quote on each side. Then I sprayed it with matte spray. I then hung the Halloween one in the center of the wreath with twine, and wrapped some ribbon around it. I want to put some Halloween-ish garland around it as well, but I think I'll wait until it gets clearanced. The idea is to change out the ribbon and block for the different holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day and 4th of July, or The Wilkins, the rest of the year). It's supposed so go on the outside of the door, but I'm pretty sure it would be stolen, so it's on the inside. I LOVE it! Looking at it makes me smile, so happy day! :)

I have to have my semi-annual tumor exam today (yay....). So, I'm off. Wish me luck!





1 comment:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

You are so talented. Good luck on your exam, and let me know how it goes. ttyl