Sunday, October 21, 2007

Updates: Cars, Clothes, Business Trips, and the Primay Program

I CAN'T believe it's been a week since my last post. Crazy! Where does the time go? We had a pretty good week. Our car hasn't been running since May. And the apartment complex finally figured it out and threatened to tow it, so we took it in this week to get it fixed. And... it's only going to be $600 to fix it! I know that sounds SO horrible, and it is. I mean, we're going to have to put it on the credit card and all. But, the initial report on it was that there was something loose in the engine, and we replaced the engine just a year ago (still owe my parents $3000 for that), and they estimated that it was going to be several thousand, so I didn't know what to do. But, we were very blessed, and it's only going to be $600. So, even though it's still completely ridiculously expensive, I'm happy. :)

Wow... those are some run-on sentences in that paragraph, but I'm too tired to try and edit them. Oh, well. :)

We finally sold Adam's old bed on craigslist.com. And I used the money to get warm clothes for the kids (I was going to say winter, but I'm pretty sure Las Vegas doesn't have an actual winter :) ). I went to Savers (a friend in my ward told me when to go, because they have $1 deals on stuff on certain days). So, I got a jacket, 3 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of overalls, 5 long sleeved shirts, and a cardigan (all for Grace). And 2 new church shirts for Adam... all for under $20! Yay me! They didn't really have any jeans Adam's size, which I figure is because after a 4-year-old boy is done with his jeans, they probably aren't sell-able. :)

Mike is leaving tomorrow on business. He has to take this big test in Salt Lake, and he won't be back until Thursday. If he doesn't pass, he loses his job, so I'm REALLY hoping he passes. I'm really nervous with him leaving town. I hate being on my own with no family or close friends nearby. I just am hoping that the car doesn't break down or no one breaks a leg or something. It's going to be such a long week this week. Mike's "day off" is tomorrow, but he has to leave tomorrow morning for SLC, and then he won't get back until Thursday, and has to work on Friday and Saturday. I think that if he's traveling for work, he should be getting paid for work, or at least get another day off. I guess his company doesn't roll like that, though. :) Oh, well. After this test he can focus on studying to get into the Master's program. Because for some reason, we still believe that it pays to get your education. :) We are SO naive!

I have lots of fun stuff planned for this week. I saved all of the Halloween crafts and activities especially for this week, because I know it's going to be hard on the kids with Mike gone. We are going to decorate mini pumpkins, make Tootsie pop ghosts, make caramel apples, make egg carton witches, and make/decorate pumpkin cut-out cookies. I'm SO excited to do all the fun fall crafts with the kids. It's fun to have them at an age where they like that kinda stuff. I'll post some pictures of our crafts this week (if I can get my camera to work that is :) ).

Well, I'm off to make dinner. But, before I sign off, I have to mention the Primary Program. We had it today in our ward, and it was great! Adam did SO good! He memorized his part, and didn't get scared. Unfortunately, they had all of the Sunbeams behind the Sacrament table. They kept popping up and down behind it, like it was a Whack-a-Mole game, pulling off the cloth, etc. And, if all that wasn't enough... right before they sang the final song, Adam jumped up and yelled, "Mom, I have to go potty... and I can't hold it!"

There's always one, huh? :)

1 comment:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

You are such a good mom. I wish i was that good. But i am not. I guess i should work on that. I am going to finish reading twilight first i have like 20 pages left. You will have to let me know how the salt lake trip goes.