Tuesday, October 23, 2007

To Die or To Laugh...

A definite plus of Mike being out of town, is that I get the car. This afternoon, the kids and I went to the park for a couple of hours. Afterward on the way home, we passed by Target. I haven't been to Target in forever (not sure why), so I thought it would be fun to stop. I didn't really need to buy anything, but I thought it would be fun for Adam to get to look at the toys and Halloween decorations without having to rush anywhere.

On the way to the toys, we passed through the Lingerie section, and I stopped to browse through a clearance rack of bras. I really didn't think anything of it. Adam, anxious to get to the toy section, said (rather loudly), "Why do you always bring me to places where I am surrounded by pictures of women's chests?"

My first reaction was to bust up laughing, because it was such a ridiculous thing to say, and it was so weird for HIM to say it. I've never taken him bra shopping or ANYTHING like that. After a few seconds I stopped laughing, and started to die of embarrassment, as I realized other shoppers who overheard probably thought that I raised my son in a brothel or something, and were calling CPS at that very moment.

Sigh... if nothing else, 4-year-olds will keep you on your toes. That's for sure.

1 comment:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

That i would have to say is hilarious. Only Adam.