Saturday, October 13, 2007

Natural Cleaning and Basketball Sign-ups

I know that probably EVERYONE in the world knows this already (I'm usually the last person to hear about stuff and try it), but natural cleaners rock! I've been thinking for awhile about cleaning products. They are scary. I have a cupboard full of stuff that I use all of the time... and I got to reading all of the warnings on the back, and thought... how good is it for my kids to be breathing in all of this junk while I'm cleaning? So, I started researching more natural ways to clean, and I got to say, that it's great. I cleaned my stove today with baking soda, and I've never seen it so white. I cleaned my microwave by microwaving a 1/4 cup of vinegar in it for 3 minutes, and all of the gunk in there literally fell off! Using baking soda and vinegar works better than any other cleaners I've used... and it's SO much healthier and cheaper, too! I feel very proud of myself today for discovering this.

A few weeks ago while we were at the library, I found a pamphlet for the Parks and Rec center here in LV. Looking through it, I saw a "Basketball Skills" class for 4-year-olds. I have been wanting to put Adam in something for a while to get him around other kids. Sign-ups were today, and he got in! There was only 3 spots left, so I'm glad I signed up early today. He is SOOOOOOOOO excited! It starts on October 29th, and goes for 8 weeks, I think. It will be perfect, because it's just skills, no games or pressure, and he will make some friends, and get out of the house and exercise! He can't wait! I'm excited, too... but I can't believe that he's old enough to be in sports classes already. That's crazy!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Allison--Next time you are at the library, try finding a book called "Clean House, Clean Planet". It has al kinds of recipes for cleaning everything in your house...and they are all natural.