Saturday, October 6, 2007

"Boo-ing," Cute Shoes, a Decision, and Boys

Every year since we got married, Mike and I have had the tradition of "Boo-ing" members in our ward. We make up a ghost, a note, and a couple of plates of cookies, and bring them to ward members. These people pass on the note and ghost with a plate of treat to 2 more people, and so on. It's been SO much fun! Last year was the first year that Adam got to do the doorbell ditching, and he had a BLAST, so he's been begging for a year, to do it again. I have been dragging my feet on this. It's just been hard this year to get into the "Halloween mood" with the weather and all. ANYWAYS, yesterday, I finally got around to making the treats and the signs, and we're doing the ditching tonight after Priesthood Session. I tried a new recipe and they were SO easy and SO incredibly good. I had to share:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 box spice cake mix
1 15-oz can pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

Mix spice cake mix and pumpkin together. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop in rounded teaspoons on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

That's it. No eggs or oil or anything. SOOOOOOO easy and absolutely yummy. Love it.

Grace got these absolutely adorable shoes for her birthday from Mike. I love them because they can go with dresses and tights or jeans. Yesterday was the first time we've worn them "out" and they are super-adorable! I wish I had a pair! She wasn't so thrilled with them. She tried to get up and walk, and realized that her legs were a big heavier. So she threw a tantrum. She's a drama queen and it was naptime. She got used to 'em after a while.

I have officially decided where I want to live............... Connecticut. I have been researching this a lot. There is little crime. Good schools. Cute small towns. Beautiful older houses. Green trees. Great weather... 4 seasons, not horribly hot summers, and lots of snow. Plus, there are all of the little New England traditions that I've read about my whole life, and never got to do: like picking blueberries, going to apple orchards, having white Christmas-es, roasting chestnuts by the fire. I'm kidding about the last one (I think... do people really do that?). New England just sounds SO romantic and there's so much history and things to DO. Let's face it... growing up, my friends and I never went citrus picking or hiking the Grand Canyon or... what fun stuff IS there to do in Arizona?. No, instead we went "romping" in the desert and pathetically tried to ride blocks of ice down dirt hills and bundled up when the weather got in the 70s. Yeah... I am serious about this. I figure it won't really be too big of a deal, since we don't live by family now and only visit at Christmas anyways. And think of all of the MEMORIES we will make and how much FUN it will be! Mike's not exactly on board, but he will get over it. :) I have prayed and told Heavenly Father that I have listened to His will on the last 2 moves, and it would be NICE if I could have a little input about where we go next. We will see how that goes. :) For now, though, I'm keeping my hopes up.

And finally... why do boys feel the need to put things in their noses? I finally got Adam out of the "put everything in your mouth" stage, and now everything's in his nose. Good grief! He has stuck a marble, a pearl (had to got to the ER for that one), various food and toys... and he came up to me yesterday like this. Goodness!

2 comments:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

I am totally with you on that Allison. I want to be were its green good schools. little crime, and lots of fun things to do. But Scott wants to live in the desert(over my dead body). I would love to be in oregon close to the ocean, yes we did berry picking, and lots of hiking and going to the beach. I HATE the desert. I want to be were it gets down to snowing weather. I certainly wont get that here. Scott is to afraid of the snow to go anywhere like that, but he to can learn to get over it.

Kristi said...

I am against this move! And I learned the hard way more than once not to test your Heavenly Father. I don't think he likes it very much.