Monday, July 20, 2009

My Own Little Miracle


One of our cars is completely dead right now (has been since the whole car-dying-at-the-doctor incident). But, since we've been blessed with having 2 cars, one not working wasn't a completely huge deal.

Ask me how big of a deal it is in 3 weeks when it has to be registered. :)

Anyways, we've been relying on the one car, which (unfortunately) began overheating and leaking ridiculous amounts of radiator fluid. It normally wouldn't be a big deal to replace the cracked radiator, but with the whole expensive-baby-coming thing, a new $200 radiator kinda was.

It was enough to make me cry.

Though, really, anything makes me cry these days.

Last Sunday a few members of our ward saw that our car was leaking. And even though no one in our ward knows that I'm pregnant nor that things are extremely tight with us having to make payments on the baby and all,* Heavenly Father does.

Saturday afternoon, a brand-new radiator was dropped off at our house by our RS president.


It made me cry some more.

I think that trials/tough times stink as much as the next person. But, through my trials I have been able to see Heavenly Father's hand in my life. And that the world is full of good, good people who act for Him.

It's my own little miracle.

*I know that's a tacky way of putting it. But, that's what my doctors are having me do. So. Tacky, yes. True, yes.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

I am in tears too! I am so very thankful for your wonderful Relief Society President...for the wonderful care your ward gives you! They do for you what we wish we could...and I am going to get on my knees tonight, and every morning and night, and just thank my Heavenly Father for wonderful angels that truly listen to the Spirit and walk among us...angels like your Relief Society President. I truly love her!!!

Tiffin said...

I'm so relieved to hear that Mike is okay. I can't imaginge what you felt when you found that radiator on your doorstep. I'm excited to read about the miracles and blessings in your lives. I feel uplifted from reading your posts today. Thank you!