Friday, July 24, 2009

As If We Weren't WT Enough...

So, it's bad enough that Grace occasionally runs outside naked. And that Adam answered the door the other day in his underwear. And that once Grace threw up on a couch at RC Willey and I used my jacket to clean it up. And that while giving the missionaries a ride home the other night, our door handle broke off.

But tonight we were playing outside when Grace had to go to the bathroom. She ran toward (what she thought) was our door, and while trying to get the door open (while I was trying to get her back), couldn't hold it anymore and peed on their doormat!

I don't really know these people and I had no idea what to do. Seriously. Do I knock on their door and say, "My daughter just had an accident on your doormat? By the way, I'm Allison. Your neighbor." Pour some water on it and call it good? Sneak it home and wash it? What?

We have some questionable neighbors (living in the 'hood after all) and I didn't want them to freak out on me, so I chickened out and just grabbed her and went home.

I feel seriously bad, because I know that I would be upset if some kid peed on my doormat! But I wasn't sure what else to do.

Sigh...

I just know that the level of white trash that we are currently operating at just got bumped up a notch. Seriously.

3 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

I am soooo sorry...and, to be honest, I would have done the same thing! Heck, it's water...right?

Mike West said...

eh, the neighbors, if they notice, will think its just dog pee or something.

Amanda said...

That's funny. Just think of all the fun memories you are making. :)