Monday, July 6, 2009

Freedom...

At the end of June we had our big quarterly Enrichment. It took all of my time/thoughts/energy for several weeks.

On Sunday I had to give the lesson, the preparation of which took much of my time/thoughts/energy since finishing up Enrichment night.

I woke up today with a sense of freedom.

No more (huge) Enrichment nights until September and no more lessons until November. I felt very content with the thought of spending more time with my family. Getting some crafting done. Having some fun. Focusing on other (less time-consuming) aspects of my calling.

I laid in bed for about half an hour, while the kids still slept and Mike was at the doctor, revelling in the thought of having so much free time.

The bills were paid, the laundry was caught up, no one was sick. I felt so happy and free.

And then Mike called from the doctor and told me that the car had died.

The freedom was nice while it lasted.

:)

3 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, Allison, I am soooo sorry! When will that gremlin leave our family alone!! Your car, my house a/c...By the way, how is Mike?

Kathy said...

Is the car fixed? And why was Mike at the doctor? Everything OK?

the W* family said...

No, the car isn't fixed. One of the battery cables had corroded and broke in half. Mike replaced it, but it's still not working right.

Mike's had a pain in his side for about 2 months. He went to the doctor and had an ultrasound that showed that his liver was enlarged. So, he had to get a CT scan on Monday. Hopefully, he will get some answers and it isn't anything too serious. We'll let you know. :)